Busy Weekend


I started my weekend off with a 6 hour PD training on lesson planning.  I'm usually ready to stab myself in the eye about 3 hours in to these, but I actually enjoyed this training.  I think it was easier to sit through this time because I know I will be able to apply this to my classroom.  Now if only I had the extra 10 hours a week to "thoroughly" plan each of my lessons….. Eh, I'll figure it out. 

This is how I am doing homework this year.  I decided to give students the weekend to complete homework incase some of them were too busy during the weeknight.  So they get their homework packet on Tuesdays and it is due on Mondays.  (This is also great because it gives me time to get homework ready on Mondays.)  I am going to keep this hard copy each week and hand write the worksheet or activity they have for homework each night.  Let's hope this works out!  If you would like a copy of this (without my name on it), you can click {here} and download it for free!



I am really excited to share my interactive reading journal entries with everyone.  I made at least one (some have two or more) entries for ALL of the Common Core RL and RI standards!  This is going to be so nice to not have to worry about all year! All of the entries are meant to be glued down in a spiral notebook.  Click {here} to check it out at my TpT store!



Here is a preview of some of the entries.  There are entries included that are not shown below!


I will post pictures of how this is going in my classroom soon! 

On a side note-  I am obsessed with this little spinach and chickpea salad! 
Get the recipe from my food blog :)


Thank you to everyone reading this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 The Therapeutic Teacher , Blogger