Back for round two...

As you can see, I took a hiatus from my "confessions of a first year teacher" blog after about 3 months into the school year.  My first year experience was one of the most stressful and unpleasant years of my life.  I was at a very challenging school (low income) with the majority of my class having severe behavior disorders. (swearing, throwing chairs, screaming, running away, throwing scissors, throwing anything within reach- those kinds)  By the end of the year, I had sworn to myself that I was never going to put myself through that again and I was done with teaching.

All summer I searched for jobs in other fields, but could not commit to doing anything else.  So long story short, I waited until the last possible minute (no really, my bank account was drained and the new school year was 20 days in) and I finally got a job.  The school is fantastic!  I can't even put into words the difference between the two schools.  I feel like my hard work is actually going to pay off this time around.  I feel so blessed to have been supported by so many family members and friends throughout the past year and cannot wait to share my experiences with all of you!

For now, here are a couple pics of my room!






Each color on the rainbow is a different sight word level.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 The Therapeutic Teacher , Blogger